Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Perge

Summer has arrived. Yesterday we had a lovely weather, 25 degrees in shade but we decided to go to a sunny place. We took a bus and visited Perge, the largest ruin city in the neighborhood. There are mainly columns and ornated carved stones left from the former buildings.



Excavations are still carried out, findings are exhibited at the Antalya Museum, the garden of which we visited a few days ago.


I usually don't like heat but last Wednesday I started the day with shoveling snow so now I enjoyed wearing only one layer of clothes. We quenched our thirst with freshly squeezed orange juice, guaranteeing a holiday feeling.

What was even more important for me is the rich fauna. It only took me a few minutes to spot a tortoise among the stones. It was surprisingly fast, trying to hide from the camera.


Later on we met a smaller one, it was cute and couldn't find a place to hide so we could take more pictures of him/her.


Lizards posed a greater challenge, disappearing in the cracks of walls. A ruin city is an ideal home for them.


Perge used to be devided by a channel that was almost dry now but in the remaining water we saw some tadpoles. Sadly there were no frogs, although I'm very fond of them. :)

At the exit there's not only an official museum shop but numerous street vendors, as well. They offer scarves, tablecloths, small statues and jewels.



I've uploaded more photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment